Subject: Re: Warp transputor & LightEngine (was Raptor 2 MIP chips?)
From: ED JAKOBER <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 1994 15:03:14 -0600 (CST)

Scott Bragg <[email-masked]> writes:                            
>                                                                   
>Ed, where did youget info on the lightEngine?? Can you post some   
>performance specs, processor types, ect.. thanks..                 
>                                                                   
I got the info directly from U.S.Cybernetics.

The following are direct quotes from SOME of the info that            
was FAXed to me.                                                      
                                                                      
BTW, I am not in any way connected to U.S.Cybernetics or Cybernetica. 
                                                                      
     Ed                                                               
[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------    

                                                                        
The WARP System consists of:                                            
                                                                        
>System interface board
                                                                
     -Plugs into any ZorroII/II                                 
     -Offers 2-3 times the speed of '040 A4000* for $1995       
     -Required to link up additional WARP Modules               
                                                                
>WARP level 2 Module                                            
                                                                
     -plugs into an external case                               
     -can be linked with other WARP Modules                     
     -Offers 4-6 times the speed of '040 A4000* for $1395       
     -RAM can be expanded up to 192MB per module

>WARP level 3 Module                                       
                                                           
     -plugs into an external case                          
     -can be linked with other WARP Modules                
     -Offers 6-9 times the speed of '040 A4000* for $1995  
     -RAM can be expanded up to 288MB per module

The WARP System is a parallel-processing system acceleration system     
with the lowest cost graphics power available, because it offers the    
best price/performance ratios in the industry.                          
                                                                        
The WARP Enclosure is an air-cooled external case which can hold up     
to 10 boards with it's own power supply                                 
                                                                        
Any number of WARP Enclosures can be easily linked and stacked to       
create a modular supercomputer at a fraction of the cost of             
comparable systems.                                                     
                                                                        
If fully loaded with WARP Level 3 Moduals, the WARP Enclosure will      
offer anywhere from 60-90 times the speed of '040 A4000*, and           
can hold up to 2.9 Gigabytes of RAM.                                    
                                                                        
*actual speed depends on the efficency of the software

WARP Compatible Software                          
                                                  
Alladin                                           
Real 3D                                           
Vista Pro                                         
Paint Engine                                      
Physics Engine                                    
Particle Engine                                   
Morphing Engine                                   
Modeling Engine                                   
Animation Engine                                  
Interface Engine                                  
Newton's Law                                      
Light Engine
                                                                        
The LIGHT ENGINE                                                        
                                                                        
     will be able to raytrace scene files generated by Cybernetica's    
     other engines, or in in Lightwave, and Imagine. The raytracing     
     resolution is limited only by memory available to the              
     WARP Modules. The raytracer is projected to be as fast as          
     Lightwaves renderer on high ressolution. All of Lightwave's        
     rendering and raytracing effects will be emulated proficiently.    
     Many more effects will be included as well as Lightning, Lasers,   
     Light Volumes, True object glows, Electricity, and Fractal Texture 
     effects, and embedded lights, more options on lights and cameras,  
     and multiple camers views to name a few. The Engine will have      
     it's own interface on the Amiga, and act as a stand alone          
     application.                                                       

Coming Soon:                                                            
-----------                                                             
Paint Engine                                                            
Sound  Engine                                                           
Video Engine                                                            
Logic  Engine                                                           
Data Engine                                                             

U.S.Cybernetics 800-292-5001     FAX 805-730-7332                       
in Canada 800-668-WARP                                                  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                       
Additional info was also given for:                                    
                                                                       
Physics Engine                                                         
Particle Engine                                                        
Morphing Engine                                                        
Modeling Engine                                                        
Interface Engine                                                       
Animation Engine                                                       
                                                                       
.....just didn't have the time to transcribe it all!                   
                                                                       
     Ed                                                                
[email-masked]